Top 7 Benefits of Extra Virgin Olive Oil As Compared to Other Oils
1. Heart Health: Olive oil contains monounsaturated fatty acids, which have been linked to reducing the risk of cardiovascular diseases. These fatty acids help reduce bad cholesterol and raise good cholesterol levels, improving overall heart health.
2. Anti-Inflammatory Properties: Olive oil is a natural source of anti-inflammatory compounds, such as polyphenols and oleocanthal, which are believed to reduce inflammation in the body. This can be beneficial for those with conditions related to chronic inflammation.
3. Cancer Prevention: Olive oil is rich in antioxidants such as vitamin E and carotenoids, which may help protect against certain forms of cancer, including colorectal and prostate cancer.
4. Improved Digestive Health: Olive oil contains omega-9 fatty acids, which have been linked to aiding with digestion. Omega-9s can also reduce the risk of some digestive-related conditions, such as irritable bowel syndrome.
5. Brain Function: Studies suggest that consuming olives and olive oil can improve memory and cognitive functioning. The healthy fats in olive oil are thought to be beneficial for maintaining brain health.
6. Joint Health: Oleocanthal, a compound found in olive oil, is believed to reduce inflammation in the joints. Regular consumption of olive oil may help relieve joint pain and provide relief from arthritis
7. Skin Care: Olive oil's emollient properties make it great for moisturizing skin, but the antioxidants and fatty acids found in olive oil are also beneficial for the skin. Olive oil can help protect skin from the signs of aging and keep it looking smooth and vibrant.
All in all, olive oil is a healthful choice compared to other oils.