Chickpea, English Pea, and Kale in Spicy Pomodoro Sauce
Looking for a flavorful and nutritious vegan dish that will satisfy your taste buds and nourish your body? This Chickpea, English Pea, and Kale in Spicy Pomodoro Sauce recipe is the perfect option! Packed with protein and fiber-rich chickpeas, tender English peas, and nutrient-dense kale, this dish is not only delicious but also incredibly healthy.
- 1/4 C Della Terra organic extra virgin olive oil
- 8 oz can organic diced tomatoes
- Drizzle Della Terra Chili Oil
- 1 1/2 tsp ground fennel
- Dash of kosher salt
- 1 bunch of Tuscan Kale (remove stems and chop)
- 1 can of organic chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 5 basil leaves and marjoram as a garnish
- Shaved Parmigiano Reggiano before serving
- In a Le Creuset, or other 12" sauce pot heat the olive oil over low heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until very fragrant but not browned, about 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes, fennel, Della Terra Chili Oil and a generous pinch of salt. Cook over moderately low heat, stirring occasionally, until the tomatoes break down and the sauce is thickened, about 25 minutes.
- Stir the chopped kale into the sauce and cook over moderately low heat, stirring occasionally, until wilted, about 3 minutes. Stir in the chickpeas and cook until heated through, about 3 minutes. Season with salt. Spoon into bowls and garnish with torn basil and marjoram. Top with finely Parmigiano Reggiano and serve hot.