Indulge in the sublime harmony of flavors with our olive oil bread dip adorned with zesty capers. This exquisite blend offers a tantalizing marriage of smooth, extra virgin olive oil and briny capers, elevating your bread to a culinary delight.
- 2 garlic cloves, or more depending on how garlicky you want it
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 3 tablespoons finely grated parmesan cheese
- Pinch sea salt, if you have it try truffle salt
- Fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes, optional to make it spicy
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more as needed
- Crusty bread, cubed
- Finely mince the garlic and capers. Add to a bowl along with the oregano, rosemary, thyme and cheese. Season with a small pinch of salt and pepper. Use the back of a spoon to smoosh the herbs into the garlic and capers.
- Make-ahead: Prepare the garlic-herb mixture a day or two in advance and store, covered tightly, in the refrigerator. The fresh herbs may loose some color. When ready to serve, add the mixture to a plate and top with olive oil.
- Capers: We love the saltiness capers add to the dip, but if you do not have them in your kitchen, leave them out. It still tastes great without them.
- Dried herbs vs. fresh: We do prefer fresh rosemary and thyme for this, but you can use dried rosemary and thyme instead of fresh. Crush the dried herbs a little in the palm of your hand before adding them into the mix. You will also want to use a little less — about 1/2 teaspoon.
- Adding a small splash of Della Terra aged balsamic vinegar is never a bad idea!