Looking for a comforting and satisfying meal that will warm you up on a chilly evening? This Fish Stew recipe is the perfect option! This hearty and flavorful stew is packed with tender chunks of fish and seafood in a rich tomato broth.
- Della Terra Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 shallot
- 6 cloves garlic
- One large can of diced organic tomatoes or 16 oz. fresh vine tomatoes
- One large can of fish stock
- ½ lb. peeled and deveined wild medium shrimp
- ½ lb. diver scallops
- ½ lb. fresh calamari
- ½ lb. fresh lump crab
- 1 lb. Manila clams
- 1 lb. mussels
- ½ lb. Tilapia, chopped in 2 inch cubes
- Della Terra Extra Virgin Chili Oil
- Italian flat leaf parsley
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Sautee diced shallot and diced garlic in Della Terra Extra Virgin Olive Oil until slightly browned.
- Add in can of diced tomatoes and sauté on medium heat for 15 mins.
- Add in chopped Tilapia and can of fish stock. Simmer for another 10 mins.
- Add in the rest of the fish, crab being last.
- Turn down heat to low and let simmer for 10 mins. Shells should start to open on shellfish. Once all shells have opened, you are done. Remove all fish out of shells and put back into stew. (Discard shells, this dish has none)
- Ladle the soup into bowls, sprinkle with parsley, and drizzle Della Terra Chili Oil on top.
Recommendation: Eat with grilled sourdough drizzled with Della Terra Extra Virgin Olive Oil on top. Broil for 2 mins and once bread is crispy, rub a clove of garlic over it, and sprinkle sea salt.