A vibrant and zesty dish that combines al dente pasta with peppery arugula leaves, tossed in a tangy lemon vinaigrette. The refreshing flavors of citrus and greens create a delightful and satisfying summer salad.
- 1/2 pound Farfalle/Bowtie pasta cooked to package directions
- 1 teaspoon Meyer Lemon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces grilled chicken chopped
- 2 cups Arugula loosely packed
- 1/2 cup feta crumbled
- 1/8 teaspoon thyme dried
- 1/4 cup lemon juice fresh squeezed
- 1/4 cup Meyer Lemon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp mustard Dijon
- 2 cloves garlic finely minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar or honey see notes on use of honey or agave syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt kosher
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper fresh cracked
- Cook pasta to package directions. Once drained, toss is olive oil and allow to cool.
- Place salad dressing ingredients in a small jar and shake or blend until fully combined.
- Add grilled chicken, arugula, feta, and thyme to the pasta, and toss until pasta is fully coated with dressing.
- Chill for about 20 minutes before serving.