A light and moist cake bursting with flavor! Delicious Meyer lemon cake is combined with a hint of extra virgin olive oil and topped with a light lemon glaze. The combination of flavors creates a unique and delightful taste that will tantalize your taste buds!
- 1 ½ cups all purpose, unbleached flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- pinch of sea salt
- 2 tsp. Meyer lemon zest
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup Della Terra Meyer Lemon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- ¼ cup Meyer lemon juice
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp. Meyer lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease 9 inch pan with Olive Oil and flour bottom of pan.
- In a medium bowl mix together flour, baking powder, and salt. Add lemon zest and mix well.
- In a large bowl, combine yogurt, sugar, eggs, and olive oil. Whisk well to combine. Pour dry ingredients into wet ingredients and stir together to combine.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Don’t overbake as it will dry out.
- Cool cake for 15 minutes and then remove from pan. Prick cake all over with a fork.
- Whisk syrup ingredients together and drizzle syrup all over the cake. Syrup will seep into fork holes and moisten cake further.
- Allow cake to cool for another 30 minutes or so and then whisk icing ingredients together.
- Using a spatula or spoon, cover top of cake with icing. It’s best to refrigerate afterward or let sit so icing may harden.