This refreshing recipe combines the natural sweetness of assorted grilled fruits with a delightful drizzle of aged balsamic, creating a perfect harmony of tastes for a delightful summer treat.
- 1 pound hulled strawberries
- 2 cups pineapple chunks
- 2 cups watermelon chunks
- 2 medium bananas, peeled and cut into thick pieces
- 2 tablespoons Della Terra cask aged balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil OR 1 tablespoon corn oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Soak eight 9- to 12-inch wooden skewers for at least 10 minutes in cold water to keep them from charring, or use metal skewers. Set aside.
- Preheat the grill on medium high.
- Thread the fruit onto the 8 skewers in this order: strawberry, pineapple, watermelon, banana, strawberry, pineapple, watermelon, and banana. Transfer the skewers to a platter or baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, using a fork, whisk together the oil and honey. Using a basting brush, brush about half the mixture over the fruit to glaze it.
- Grill the kebabs for about 8 to 10 minutes, or until the fruit is caramelized, turning the kebabs several times and basting with the oil and honey mixture. As you serve it, drizzle the kebabs with aged balsamic vinegar.