This is the best quick + healthy lunch for summer! It also makes a great side dish.
- 10oz orzo
- 1 cup cucumber
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup chickpeas
- 1/3 cup feta (vegan or regular)
- 1/8 cup red onion
- 1/8 cup basil
- lemon zest for topping
- 1/4 cup Della Terra Meyer Lemon Olive Oil
- Make sure to salt your water when cooking your orzo! This will impact the flavor of your pasta, which will also help to enhance the flavor of your salad at the end.
- Don’t rinse your orzo. Rinsing the orzo will remove some of the starches that helps to adhere the sauce to the orzo
- Remove the seeds from your cucumber to help prevent your salad from getting soggy over time.
- Cook orzo according to package instructions and drain. Just set it aside and prep the remaining ingredients. Now to a large bowl add in your orzo, then add in diced cucumber, red onion, cherry tomatoes cut in half, rinsed chickpeas, crumbled feta, chopped basil, lemon oil and lemon zest.
- Toss the salad together to coat and mix ingredients well. Adjust salt and pepper to taste and serve. To really allow the flavors to meld, I recommend chilling for at least an hour in the fridge before serving.